Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday, April 20

Interesting night last night. About 2:00 a.m. the tornado sirens went off. They woke us up immediately. I was really out of it and all I could think of was that I didn't want to get out of my warm bed and go down in the basement and be cold. Ken got up and checked the computer. Actually looked like the front of the storm had already passed and that was the part that looked threatening. I laid there, still quite out of it, and unless Ken said it was close and I had to go downstairs, I figured that I was "ready to go" and I'd just chance it and stay in my warm bed and sleep. I fell back asleep and woke up when the sirens went off again. By then I was thinking it was Saturday night and got to thinking that the kids in S.S. "tomorrow" would be so tired. When the siren stopped, I dozed off again. One more siren, and then it was quiet. There was at least one tornado confirmed down by Canal Winchester. Also a lot of high winds out by Heath. But we were fine here.

Called Melody about 10:30 and she was still in bed. They'd all gotten up and gone to the basement. She said Jason said he wanted the boys to know that they viewed the sirens as serious. So, I won't tell them that I stayed in bed.

Today was a grocery shopping day. Made my list yesterday of all the things I wanted to get for Easter dinner. Should be 11 of us with Rachel. I'm making a spiral honey glazed ham (in one crock pot), a turkey breast with honey and apple juice (in another crock pot), scalloped potatoes (in the roaster? or in the oven on time bake), asparagus, green beans, Anise Rolls (Saturday), Jello Jiggler eggs (made those later this afternoon), baby carrots, cashews/M&Ms/Skittle Eggs, and a Peter Rabbit Cake (I'll make that on Saturday). Hopefully, I won't have to get up too terribly early on Saturday to get all that going.

Anyway, I got the groceries that I needed and put them away. Got several camp registrations in the mail and got a hold of 2 of the wait-listed girls (now up to 7 on the list).

In the afternoon, I folded some sheets and folded the winter blanket and put it away. Then I put away some winter clothes and got out some summer nightgowns and shirts. Feels good to get that room halfway cleaned up.

Ken got a groupon coupon for Dominos Pizza and he got that for supper. Delicious pan pizza. My half was ham and pineapple and I ate the whole half.

Weighed in after prayer meeting and I gained .9# but still the same number weight. And still "normal" on Wii Fit. That's so nice.

Thought we might be going to camp to mow/clean tomorrow, but that's not going to work out. So, I have an "extra day tomorrow. I might try to go to Sam's Club...

No comments:

Post a Comment