Got a late-night note last night from Melody inviting us to join them at Der Dutchman and Sports Ohio for Jason's birthday. I made the Carrot Cake first thing and got the table set for Easter dinner. Then we headed out at noon - and it wasn't raining.
Der Dutchman was having some remodeling done and was pretty much torn up and a mess. It was also crowded. We waited bit for a seat and then all ordered the buffet. The kids got Wiki Sticks and had fun with them. Seth, by far, was the most creative. Then we went to Sports Ohio. The Peelers, minus Elizabeth, rode the Go Carts. This was Joshua's first time to drive. He was very cautious. Only he was pushing the brake and the accelerator when he came in at the end and crashed into the cars in front of him. He also ended up with a seat belt burn on his neck. But he had fun. Seth smiled so big for the whole time. Andrew also had a great time. Then we all played Miniature Golf. (There was no one else there.) Got to about the 15th hole before it started raining. Then we went to the batting cages. Ken batted first and then Joshua, Andrew, and Seth. By that time it was raining hard and they said they would give us our money back. They were afraid for safety that with the slick ground someone would get hurt.
Home around 5:00. A lady came about 6:30 and bought the General Mills Cereal dispensers from camp for $20. She was delighted and we were glad to unload them.
I made Anise Pan Rolls, put together the Scalloped Potatoes and iced my cake. I think I've got most everything ready for dinner tomorrow.
Ken loaded Office 2010 on my laptop and so I exercised with Wii - for an hour! Then I showered and got things ready for S.S. for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment