Bekah called (from the grocery store, I didn't know that) and asked if she needed to bring anything for dinner on Sunday. I assured her that I had already gone to the store and had it all set. She said, "Are you sure?" I laughed and told her that I had decided if the girls asked if they could bring something that I would tell them that they could bring a flat of flowers. Twenty minutes later the doorbell rang and she was at the door with a flat of pink impatiens! How sweet!
Went out around noon and stopped first at American Medical Equipment to try to give back the shower/bath chair. They said it was mine! They can't take them back because of hygiene. So, I can do what I want with it. I have it listed on Craig's List. Maybe I'll try putting it on eBay as well. It could be tricky to take apart, though, to ship, but... Also went to Sam's Club for the first time in a long time. Then I stopped at Steak Escape to pick up my prize - $25 gift card for Roush Hardware.
Ken was mowing when I got home. I went out and worked on the flower garden around the back deck. Split up some primroses and planted impatiens. Cleaned up along the fence on the east side and planted flowers around the hydrangea bush in the southeast corner of the yard. Planted impatiens along the driveway (by the forsythia) in amongst the dianthus and around the bird bath. That was enough for one day!
Got a couple camp registrations in the mail. Was able to get a hold of 2 more wait-listed girls' mothers today. Only one still not contacted is the one that came today and I did leave a message.
Had steak and potatoes on the grill tonight. Then I realized that I should probably cook my turkey breast since it was thawed. Put it in the crock pot, thinking it would take 4 hours - but it needed 7-1/2, so I'm still up waiting for it to be done so I can refrigerate it.
Watched Fireproof tonight after exercising on Wii Fit.
 |
| flowers on the northeast corner of the house |
 |
| Snowmound Candytuft that I planted 2 years ago along the driveway by the forsythia |
 |
| Bradford Pear trees in full bloom |
 |
| tulips along the back fence |
 |
| Impatiens that Bekah and Mark bought for me |
 |
| Hyacinth from a pot that Mary Alyce was throwing away last summer |
 |
| Tulip from the same pot from Mary Alyce |
 |
| Bleeding Heart |
 |
| Easter Lily from Barbara Feely (indoors) |
No comments:
Post a Comment