Beautiful day today. Sunny and up into the 70's.
I did paperwork in the morning so I could go outside later. Ate a little breakfast since Ken was going out for lunch with Michael at 1:00. Mail came early today and I got 2 more Teen 1 girls (wait list #2 and #3). Then the door bell rang and there was an express mail letter - another Teen 1 girl - #4. Got a camp bank deposit ready to go. However, I can't find another check (from a wait-listed girl) and I'm afraid I might have put it in the deposit - not counted it in, but put it in the package). We'll see... Sent out the prayer list and then called wait listed Teen 1 campers. Ended up leaving 2 messages and talking to one.
Went outside to mow. (Missed a call from the Grandmother of the one. Had to call her back later, at 5:00, to leave a message about why her daughter was #4. She did call me back later and apologized for her phone call and thanking me for all I was doing. Her granddaughter's response: if there's someone else who needs to attend camp more than I do - maybe she'll get saved - then I might just have to miss this year. So sweet!) Mowed the front yard and several rows around the back. Then I trimmed and edged and used the edger on the long handle to go around all the sidewalks and curbs in the front. Planted Dianthus (from the carnation family) around the "island." Weeded around the front flower beds and planted a couple dianthus on the east side and in the little circle gardens around the sidewalk. Relaid the curved wall blocks in the front on the east side - the ones that were falling over. Then I put new bricks along the front sidewalk (where the little flower beds are) since the ones with holes weren't working out too well (weeds!). I also spread the rest of the grub control stuff around. When Ken got home he finished the mowing and dug around the tree mulch and peonies in the back yard. I ended up weeding the back (west fence) flower bed before quitting for the day. Filled the bird feeders and went in. Logged my exercise/work in Loseit.com and ended up with offsetting my breakfast and lunch and then some! (Still "normal" weight on Wii Fit tonight. So nice...)
Ordered a pizza from Donatos and had that for supper. Then I put together my Father/Son Retreat mailing (about 17 pieces, the rest will be via email) so they can go out in the mail on Monday. Wrote up 5 eBay sewing pattern listings and then read the paper.
I've been thinking about Elizabeth's dress and decided to cut facings for the neckline and make it collar-less. Had just enough fabric to do that. (I don't have any scraps bigger than a 3x5 card left!) So, I put the zipper in and put the facing on. I'll try it on her tomorrow and then do the finishing and add buttons and button holes to the belt in the back. Done!
Took a shower and then did Wii Fit Cycling for 30 minutes. Then I took another shower! After Ken exercised we watched Flywheel.
Getting ready to go out garage sale-ing tomorrow morning with Melody.
No comments:
Post a Comment