Monday, April 18, 2011

And the winner is...

We went to Steak Escape today and I saw my name on the winner list posted on the wall. I told them that was my name and how was I supposed to be informed. They all got pretty excited that the name up there was mine. They'd just drawn the names for the week and said I should get an email tonight or tomorrow. I won a $25 gift certificate for Roush Hardware. I thought that was pretty nice! Yes, Reds' tickets would be nice but that would take a special trip and a lot of time. The staff at Steak Escape is hoping that I win the grand prize on the 30th - a hot air balloon ride. (Had a nice meal there.)

Today I got the Father/Son letters in the mail and got the email information completed and in the mail. Got 2 youth campers and 2 F/S retreat registrations in today's mail. Also got the youth camp letter set up so I can start printing those off.

Melody called after Andrew saw the eye doctor. His vision is 20/20 but he has hypermetropia, or long vision. He sees double sometimes. When he was following the pencil, one eye quit and stayed up high while the other eye followed it. They have an appointment now with a specialist in May. I read up on it and looks like it can be corrected with glasses that refract the light. The Dr. did ask if he was having any trouble reading or doing his school work. No problems there; Andrew's an A+ student.

Barbara Feely brought over an Easter Lily today. We also asked her to bring some of her paperwork so we could make sure we knew what her wishes are. I'm her executor. So she showed us where everything is and gave us some lists. I'm going to try to consolidate all the information to make things a little easier. I'd also like to have her set up access for some accounts online just in case. So, we'll work on that in the next couple weeks.

Wrote a couple eBay listings but didn't get to finish them. Tomorrow I'll list some things. (I have 2 things going off late tonight but I'm not sure I'll be up that long.)

At 5:15 we went to Whetstone Park where Ken pitched for Calvary's softball team. They got the 9th player just in time before they had to forfeit and the 10th player after 2 innings. Ken walked on his first time to bat, hit a dinky one the second time and walked the 3rd time with the bases loaded. They walked 3 more and so he "walked" home. He also made a great catch but I missed that one. It was sunny and in the upper 60's but the breeze was chilly. I enjoyed watching more than I thought I would. Talked with Mrs. Henson (Christy?) from Calvary. Her husband grew up in Guam and had Brad Fleck for a teacher.




Exercised with Wii Fit and played 18 holes of Frisbee golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment