Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rainy Monday (April 11)

Awoke to another dreary day - although warm. Found out that we DID set a record high yesterday - 84* (current record was 82*). The day started out quite warm. Behind the rain was a cold front and it's cooled down gradually throughout the day. But, spring IS coming and will stay around sooner or later. The grass is really green (got another lawn treatment on Saturday) and the flowers are beautiful. The pear trees in the back are budding and you could almost watch the leaves popping open today. Down the street at Allen's Coin Shop the red tulips are in full bloom and the yellow tulips joined them today. Really beautiful!

Taken yesterday - I've gotten several comments from neighbors and people at the door about the flowers!

This morning after the rain... or rather, between rain storms.

Found out this evening that there was an armed robbery at Clothes Mentor in Cherri-Park Square this afternoon.

I got a lot of things accomplished today. I got a note out to 64 Teen 1 girls who have not yet registered for camp, which had just 8 spots left. So, then several dropped by to hand in their registrations. I also got a couple notes about kids who can't come this year. I got the Father/Son receipt letter set up and copied the directors letter for those who will get it in the mail. I did 2 eBay listings and got them on around midnight. I did a load of wash and tried to bleach the "unbleached" collar. Looked it up on the Internet and it's not going to work. I think I may just finish the dress as collarless. Jacquie Lawson has their new note cards ready and so I used one to send a note to Joan Taylor to thank her for her ministry with the ladies last weekend. (Got a note back from her.) Also sent one to Betty. I also updated the WBC hymn list and Ken fixed it so it would link again. In the early evening I finished sewing Elizabeth's slip. (She needed it last Sunday.)

We went out for lunch/supper at Steak Escape. They're having an April special for $5.99 a meal and we also used a "card" to get a free sandwich. So, for about $6... Then we went to Deals. Ken bought some candy but I didn't even look at candy. I bought some Easter cards and birthday cards for M&M's families, and a pink cowgirl hat for Elizabeth for the summer. Also found $1 watches and so we bought 3 for the kids for this summer. Maybe then they can keep track of the time. And if they lose the watches, I guess it's not a big deal...

Wrote up the Bible study for chapter 9 in the book and sent it out. Read chapters 10-12 while jogging with Wii Fit. After sewing, we exercised and then watched the middle part of Sound of Music.


Delighted tonight to find that I've lost 10# since March 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment