Took the boys to the "Party on the Bridge" tonight. I picked the 3 boys up at 6:30 and brought them back here. Change to my back pack and we walked up to Main St. and Alum Creek. The bridge, due to open tomorrow after 18 mo. of construction, was still closed to vehicular traffic. On our end was a police car and on the other end a fire truck. There were booths on the north side of the bridge. We got bags from the Franklin Co. Engineers with new Franklin Co. maps and pamphlets about the bridge, a construction hat (Seth), ice cream from Graeters (Raspberry Chocolate Chip - not bad), popcorn, orange drink from McDonalds (and apples and caramel to go, cookies in bags, and Ronald McDonald pencils), 4 waterbottles from WASA, an AmeriCheer cup (for Elizabeth), several police trading cards, policeman stickers and badge sticker, Tootsie Rolls, baseball gum, and coupons for Dairy Queen. We threw 3 ping pong balls into paper cups. Seth and I got 2 in and got a coupon for a free small Blizzard. Joshua got one in and got a coupon for a Mini Blizzard. Andrew missed them all but got a coupon for a free treat. Since we were planning to go to Dairy Queen anyway, I bought 2 small Blizzards (buy-one-get-one-half-price this week) and used 2 of the coupons. Sat inside and ate. Walked home then in the dark. Sat on the porch until Melody got there. (She took Elizabeth to the mall.)
 |
| Arriving at the Main St. Bridge |
 |
| Andrew throws a few cornhole bags |
 |
| Statue by the baseball booth |
 |
| Throwing bags to score runs. Baseball gum was the prize for playing. |
 |
| Waiting in line to win a coupon for Dairy Queen. (Photographer in the bucket up over the bridge.) |
This afternoon it was warm. I went out around 3:30 and pulled more weeds, cut down daisies, and trimmed grass growing over the brick edges of the flower beds. Finished the west flower bed and the flower bed below the deck.
This morning I ran out to the post office and mailed Emily's S.S. coloring book and "paper doll" to her. I also mailed an eBay package (pattern) and the preschool pegs that a lady bought after they went off eBay.
Ken had an elders' meeting tonight. I played Wii after I got home. Set a record on resort for ping pong return challenge of 102. Also beat my own record (Gramma player) in basketball 3-point. Found almost all the info points flying in daylight.
Tired now and off to bed
No comments:
Post a Comment