Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to the routine...

So nice to be back to a sort-of routine. I worked on laundry today (several loads), paying camp bills, finishing reports, and unpacking boxes, sorting, & filing. I think I made a dent in the "mess" around here.

Made buttermilk waffles for a late breakfast. We went out around 4:00 for Steak Escape. Then we went to Office Max (printer cartridges in 20% off bag), Kohl's (underwear for 15% off less $10 coupon), Marcs (peaches, pears, watermelon), and Kroger (bank deposit, milk, cottage cheese).

Went out about 6:00 to work on my flower beds and didn't come back in until almost 9:00. I weeded and worked the ground around the Elm tree, the 2 small beds around the front stair, and then around the northeast side of the house. (I had hoped to get all the way across the front but didn't make it.) I planted daffodil bulbs from Karen Meyer, thinned out the hosta leaves, rinsed the front porch, watered all the potted flowers, and sprayed Round-up on the weeds. So nice to get out like that. Only problem is that my knee is giving out on me now. Oh, the joys of growing older...

We brought the Hobart Food Cutter home from camp (it's been in the "cook's lounge" for the past 2 summers) to list on Craig's List. I found 11 listed on eBay - from $1375 to $7000! So, I took pictures (it's still in the back of the van - heavy!) and listed it on Craig's List for $1100. Would really be nice to get rid of it quickly! and get some money for the OBM at the same time! So, we'll see. I need to clean up the GE Deep Fryer before I list it... Maybe tomorrow.

Did a little Wii Fit tonight after eating fresh, sweet watermelon. Then we played Wii Resort Bowling - all 3 games - for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment