I emptied 2" of rain out of the rain gauge tonight when taking some pictures. That's been rain that we've had a couple mornings this week.
Worked on the computer this morning and then we went together to Menards. We had a $16 credit there and ended up spending 8 cents less than that. Bought 3 landscape timbers to replace the ones around the air conditioner. Also bought 2 potted mums that I will plant tomorrow next to the steps in the front. Then we got a new toilet seat.
Then we went to Adair's. Her house is being foreclosed and it's a mess. Much of it is deteriorating - window frames, porch wood - and it needs paint. The inside is really old, too, although the house isn't as old as ours. It's just not had any updates or maintenance in a long time. Anyway, she has all of her things sitting out to basically give away to church people. We were her first "customers." Pat Haywood came when we were leaving. Adair wanted us to have the chandelier Barbara Feely had given her and so Ken worked to take it down and rewire another old one in its place. He had to run to the hardware store to get screws to put the new one back up. I took a couple books, all her Tupperware (4 pieces), 2 Longaberger pie plates, some Pampered Chef (pie plate, springform pan, and rectangle stone, a set of silverware in a case (some pieces not yet removed from the packages), a picture for my new kitchen, and 10 teacups and saucers. I plan to sell a couple things and give the money back to her (probably anonymously). We also picked up a jewelry armoir for Mark & Bekah and dropped it off at their house. She had a Queen canopy bed that was beautiful. If the Crutes don't take it, it would be really nice for Melody and Jason.
When we got home we ordered a Pizza Hut pizza and then I worked on camp stuff. Started working on the email camp information letter and realized that I probably should have sent email receipts to everyone. (I quit doing that when they came so fast and furiously around the 1st of August.) So, I sent out a kerzoodle of receipts and then worked on the letter. I think the Women's Retreat letter is ready to go.
Took some pictures of my flowers and put the pictures on Facebook. Here are a couple:
Looked up some of the tea cups and Pampered Chef stuff on eBay. Will work on listing them tomorrow or early next week.
Then we did a little Wii for about an hour. I've been listening to Unshackled while these pictures have been uploading. The pictures are up, the program is over, and it's time for bed now...
No comments:
Post a Comment