It's hard to believe that it's the end of August already! The weather today was beautiful! Yesterday, too, was beautiful. Sunny, warm (but not hot), and breezy.
Yesterday I made a cake. I had found a recipe in Country magazine about a year ago that I wanted to try. Bought the blueberry pie filling, and yellow cake mix and had it sitting on the shelf with the crushed pineapple and recipe. By now the recipe was gone and had to crush my own pineapple slices, but I found the recipe easily online. Turned out to be quite a hit - although Ken and I thought it was too sweet.
Planted my new pink mums and replanted the bulbs and ground cover that I moved/disturbed.
At 5:30 we went to the Whiteheads' house for a picnic of the guys that played on the softball team and their families. Had a good time. We had hamburgers on the grill and all the other food folks brought. It was beautiful sitting outside. Ken played volleyball and I enjoyed visiting.
Today I fixed the last of the Father/Son roast beef for dinner. Read the paper, printed off some things for S.S. and took a 40 minute nap on the couch.
The evening service was a praise service with songs, specials, Scripture reading, and communion. A little longer than usual, but nice. It was to be the culmination of Pastors' Bible studies on praise from this summer (Wednesday nights) but he said he had 2 more Wednesday nights to go.
Had the last of the leftover camp pizza tonight and then played Wii.
No comments:
Post a Comment