Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, March 9

Busy day today with grandkids, old people, and grandkids. Seth and Elizabeth came over at 8:30. We had breakfast together and then went to Inniswood for their class. (Melody went on a field trip with Andrew's class to the Whistle Factory.) The class was about Wetlands. We went out in the rain and saw real wetlands. My feet were so wet. I realized when I got home that the sole of my shoes was cracked. No wonder I kept getting wet feet when I wore these shoes! The kids got pretty wet and so I dried their clothes while they played. Ate lunch and then Melody picked them up.

I headed out then for Outlook Manor. Only 4 ladies and none were really with me so I didn't read for long. I played through a Word of Life song book from the 70's. All the songs seemed to be about happiness, joy, and gladness - isn't that what the Christian life is about! Came home and caught my breath before picking up the boys.

We drove over to Hoover Reservoir to see how full it was. Played a bit and made a meatloaf. Burned it in the microwave - only about 1/2 of it was edible. Not a very nourishing supper.

John Mark Steel spoke in Prayer Meeting. Got Paczkis and hard rolls from the Corey/Kroger table tonight. Exercised with Wii. Recorded food and exercise and weight on Loseit.com. Hoping to lose some weight this spring.
Stations teaching about birds of the wetlands
Making bird and duck masks


Listening to bird sounds and preparing to be birds


Flying like birds
Taking a hike in the wetlands, literally

No comments:

Post a Comment