Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monday and Tuesday, March 7 & 8

Going backwards... Had a good Hearts and Hands for Missions meeting tonight. Covered chapters 3-5 in the Bible study book (Esther 2:1-11). Fourteen ladies out. Almost all had their books and looked like they'd been studying. No one offered much in the way of comments but seemed to enjoy the discussion. Abbie Nicholson spoke and was well received.

This morning I got 4 packages ready to mail out - one to the Netherlands (my first sent there). Ken called Melody and asked if the 2 little ones could come over to help pick up sticks for Mary Alyce. Melody and I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought the fabric and lace for Elizabeth's dress. I bought the pattern on eBay this morning but, unfortunately, I got an email tonight saying that she didn't have it available in that size. I'm not really sure what I'll do. I think I might just try to adapt the size 6 pattern. Anyway, we got everything at JoAnn's with coupons and the dress will probably cost less than $10. I can't wait to start on it. Spent the rest of the afternoon preparing for H&H basically.

Weird now, but I can't think of anything I did yesterday... Oh, let's see, I worked on the church prayer list - getting all the names in order. I printed a copy for Pastor and Mark to look over. Also gave one to Christine to give to Dianne and will give one to Barbara Feely if she's there tomorrow. We went to Steak Escape around 3:15 for "dinner." One more Bible class week... Class was good again tonight. Played Wii Frisbee golf and I did horrible.

Was able to get outside on Monday and cut down the ornamental grass. Crocuses are coming up and daffodil buds are showing. Nice sunny day and it's getting warmer.
Warm all day, but there was still snow on the north side of the house

No comments:

Post a Comment