Getting near the end of March already - where has the month gone?
Slept well last night and didn't get up until 10:00! Snow on the ground this morning; Ken called it "snow highlights."
Mail came early today and so I processed 17 registrations from yesterday and today. That took awhile. Got the Couples' Retreat speaker bio and went back and forth with his secretary several times while working with it. He wants it left as is, although I took out the church name which was in there twice in just a half dozen sentences. I think that brochure is now ready to print, although they might get a picture of him and his wife for us to use.
Worked on my Google Earth Missionary Tour. I think I've got everything in there now. I still need a location for the Flecks and the Ensmingers. I think I'll call Bob tomorrow since he's not answered my email from a couple weeks ago. Anyway, now I've got to learn how to make the tour go automatically, add some background music, and keep it from going too fast or too high from place to place.
Sent out the prayer meeting update. Still need to update the prayer list for next week.
Updated the camp blog with a spring picture and background. Will post a early deadline reminder tonight.
Worked with Elizabeth's dress. I'm taking a size 6-8 pattern and making a size 4. I ordered the pattern (now out of print) on eBay but the lady couldn't find it. The front bodice has tucks so I cut a pattern piece from interfacing and measured out the tucks, tucked it, and then cut the pattern to another dress pattern. Basically, I'll probably use most of the pieces from the other pattern envelope. I think I'm ready to cut out the pieces tomorrow.
Earlier this week I pulled out some scrap bottom weight fabric to cut out a pair of culottes for Elizabeth. I opened up the fabric and found that it was a pair of culottes for me that I didn't finish. So, I chose another piece of fabric and had the same thing happen. I think they must be from 2-3 years ago. I finally did find a real piece of "scrap" fabric and cut them out. I want to sew them together and see if they'll fit her.
I also want to make her a slip to wear with her new dress. I should go to JoAnn Fabrics tomorrow to get some fabric and the pattern for her nightgown for Christmas. The pattern is on sale this weekend for $1.99.
Played Wii Fit (25 minutes of active exercise) and 18 holes of Frisbee Golf. We both did so bad that we "quit" just before getting it in the last hole. Didn't want to have our scores go down that much!
No comments:
Post a Comment