Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wed/Thursday, February 9/10

I sold 3 things on eBay last night and woke up to find they had all paid. Two packages were going out International (Russia and Italy). I was able to get all 3 packages ready to mail and put the Priority package (to a city in Todd County, KY 20 miles from Lewisburg!) out for the mailman.

Went to Outlook about 12:40. There were 3 white roses on the piano. One was for Earl Stropes, Daddy's roommate. (When I left, they had added the one for Rene Dittacur.) The mail lady was delivering and had all the boxes open. I noticed that 303 still had Daddy's name on it and it was stuffed. I asked about going through the box since I'd never gotten a key since Daddy changed rooms in April. I also told her that Earl and Daddy had both passed away. She flipped the tag over to show that neither of them were names that should be put in that box. Most of the mail was outdated coupons and ads but there were 8 envelopes addressed to Daddy. One was something from Signature Direct about a new way of delivering/billing - whatever - from September. The other 7 were homemade cards from "Odyssey Volunteers and Staff." I dated all the cards with the postmarks: June 16, July 2, August 2, September 2, September 21, October 13, and October 27. Daddy would have enjoyed the cards. (As it was, I was impressed with them and sent a  note on Thursday to Gretchen at Odyssey Health Care to thank her for them. She wrote back to say she forwarded my message to the gal in charge of doing that.)

I talked with the new nurse that I've seen in Memory Care the past 2 weeks. She looked familiar but I'd never seen her there. She knew Daddy; she said she'd worked at Outlook several years ago. I didn't ask her (but wondered) if she'd been somewhere else in the meantime or on another shift. She had good Christian music playing on the CD and I mentioned it. She said it was nice after-lunch music.

I gathered about 8 ladies and went to the activity room. Played the organ, sang ditties from the "Grandmother Remembers" song book, and read to the ladies (Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, some articles from Reminisce, and part of the Terrestria Chronicle story I was studying for Thursday's chapel. Tom was walking around fiddling with things and was a bit disturbing. Mary Ann kept dozing off and woke up chattering. Mary Bleu went out and got a new wheel chair. Ibby left for a shower. I finally "quit" after almost an hour when I only had a 3-4 left and they were all sleeping!

Went home since it was just 2:00. I worked on the camp mailing and just about finished it before I went out to pick up the boys. We stopped at Wendy's to get 4 Jr. Frosties and noticed that the Halloween coupons expired 2/1. But they took them without a problem. The boys played on the computer and with the Wii. I made Shake 'n Bake Chicken, baked potatoes, Herb Rice, corn, and corn bread - a white and yellow meal. The boys ate a ton!

Kevin Thompson spoke in Prayer Meeting. I prayed with Carol Meyer. Got the H&H honorarium check from Jason and gave Jenny her thank-you note.

When I got home, I read through my lesson for chapel and we went to bed earlier than usual (before 11:00).

Thursday morning I headed out at 8:45 for NCS. I stopped at the Post Office and mailed the Youth Camp brochures - 500 brochures in 340-some packets (combined siblings) and the two eBay packages.

It was cold this morning!!! 0* when I left the house, although the radio said it was -6* in Cols.

Chapel went real well. I told the parables from last Sunday's S.S. lesson - the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin. I started by reading it from the Bible and then told the stories. The kids were really with me the whole way. Cindy Taylor said afterwards that she has 3-4 lost students and the lesson was real good for them. Then I told the 3rd lesson in the Terrestria Chronicles to the 4th-6th grades. They really enjoy it.

I stopped at Wendy's on the way home. (Ken was meeting with Marvin and then going to church to play ping-pong with Luke - only that didn't work out since Luke was sick.) Then I went to the Meijer at Cleveland and 161. Enjoyed walking around "without a care in the world." I bought a Thomas Kinkaid puzzle for me for Christmas next year (Shhh, don't tell) and some Loving Family people for Elizabeth's 4th birthday - both half price. I bought groceries for us and for M&R. Then I stopped at Kroger and got some meat and a Donatos pizza for M&R. (Told Melody that shopping in that Kroger brought back memories. It's where we used to shop when she was first married. And that store hasn't changed a bit!) Went to Mark's house and turned his heat up, his hot water tank on, and his ice maker on. Put the groceries in his refrigerator (Donatos ready-to-bake pizza, roast, chuck patties, milk, eggs, salad, cranberry juice), freezer (Breakfast Bowl and Breakfast Croissants), and put fruit (2 bananas, 2 apples, orange, pear, and red grapes) and bread on the kitchen table. That was fun to do for them - I hope they enjoy the surprise. Stopped at Deals and bought batteries for eBay, and at Wild Birds Unlimited to buy bird seed. I got home about 1:30.

The sunny day was so encouraging! I haven't felt like diddling around and stopping here and there (and spending money) for awhile. Even though it only got to about 16* all day, it seemed so much brighter.

I filled my bird feeders and took the thistle feeders down. Dumped the seed and washed them out. I still need to clean them with bleach water so I can refill them with new seed.

Picked up the boys after school since Elizabeth went down for her nap late. Used our last 2 Frosty coupons on the way home. (I used the other one for lunch.)

Ken and I went to Fazolis for supper. Then I took pictures of eBay items (Suzanne's school books) and weighed them. Hope to list some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment