
We had been invited by Aaron Crute to tour Bunn=Minnick Organ company in Columbus. They are nearing completion of a big pipe organ for a church in NC. So we met the Meyers, Christine Capoccia, and Todd and Bethany Dickson down there and took a tour. It was fascinating to see what they do and how they do it. It was also a bit mind-boggling with all the parts and how everything works. The pipes are all set up in an area that is marked off to be the exact measurements of the room where they will be stored.

Aaron will go with a crew to NC 2 weeks from tomorrow to begin the installation, which should take about 3 weeks.
We all got a chance to play the organ. I was surprised that it didn't feel much different than ours at church. I found out that they are now also part-electronic so there's not the delay from the keyboard to the sound. I was a little hesitant to play since pushing stops is the most intimidating part of the organ for me. I did try it and it had a beautiful sound.

After 2 hours we went to Five Guys on 5th Ave. for lunch. I got a Jr. Hamburger and Ken, Aaron and I shared fries. It was filling and delicious.
After we got home, I headed out to the Post Office (eBay packages), the library, and Meijer.
Enjoyed a sunny, but very cold day. It did get over freezing for a very short time so things started melting a bit. I filled the bird feeders for the first time in awhile. It's been so cold and it's hard to get to the seed so I've not been feeding the birds this winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment