Saturday, February 5, 2011

More ice on the 2nd of February



I guess journaling hasn't become a habit yet. I closed this tab and completely forgot about it. So, let's see if I can hit the highlights of the week.

We did get ice - about 1/4" on Tuesday (closed the schools Tuesday and Wednesday) and almost another 1/2" that night. What a mess! Actually it got pretty bad on Tuesday night. The wires and branches were covered with a LOT of ice. The pine tree in the back had some branches that came down enough to touch the ground. I stood on the front porch for a bit and it was really eerie (and scary). You could hear the ice falling. The wind was blowing very lightly and branches in the neighborhood were cracking and crashing to the ground. The Ash in front of Mary Alyce's house lost quite a bit of small branches. Her lawn and the street was littered with branches in the morning. The wind got really bad during the night but, fortunately the temperatures raised enough to melt all the ice on the branches and wires before the winds kicked up. We awoke in the morning with all the branches in place and the wires clear. What a relief. Thank you, Lord.

It continued to be cold and the ice was not melting. Ken sprinkled Ice Melt on the driveway and we got some "pock marks" and Ken was able to chip through the ice in some places but it was still solid ice.

I went to Outlook for about an hour plus. Read to the ladies and played the organ again. The drive was not bad and the parking lot at Outlook was fine because people had been driving on it constantly.

The church parking lot was a mess and so Pastor had to call off prayer meeting. I finished the prayer list and sent it out via pdf to church folks and missionaries. It was really weird not to have prayer meeting. Also made it hard on Thursday to remember what day it was!

The ground hog did not see his shadow today! an early spring?

Mark and Bekah were not able to go to NH as planned. I finally called them around supper time on Tuesday and found out they were at home! They left Monday night late and only went an hour up the road before they were convinced that they could not make the trip. The roads were okay and it wasn't snowing but they weren't able to keep the windshield clear of ice. Thankful for the Lord giving them wisdom and keeping them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment