Forgot to mention earlier... I called Discover Card early this week to see if I could cancel Daddy's card. (I actually called last week but their computers were down!) They always ask for "numbers" while you wait, but were "unable to access his records" and transferred me directly to a service representative, which is who I wanted to talk with anyway. She told me that they knew he had passed away and his account had already been canceled. "Somebody" must have let them know. Later in the week I came across the Election Board card that I'd set aside to take care of (after elections were over). So, I called to let them know so they could take him off the "role," and they already knew as well. I found that interesting...
Ken went to the Men's Leadership Breakfast this morning. He said it went well. The Haywoods fixed the breakfast and he was the speaker. He brought home a cinnamon roll for me and I ate it with my waffle, strawberries, and sausage.
I made pink heart Spritz Cookies. I found a recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook that I used. They turned out well. Then I wrapped 18 in 2's (9 packets) with red plastic wrap for the MKs in college. Funny thing was that I had packed away the cookie-baking part of my kitchen. I had to go through the boxes to find the red food coloring, the red sugar, and the red plastic wrap!
Caught up on emails - sent the Prayer List out that I'd forgotten to do.
In the afternoon, I finished putting together the eBay ads for Suzanne Griffin's homeschool text books. I had taken most of the pictures and weighed the packages but needed to put it all together. (I already sold the First Grade set.) I have 22 listings to upload on Monday night. After that I'll work on some of my own again. I went through things a week or so ago and have a lot of little things to get rid of. Maybe I'll be all done with them by the time garage sales start...
Nancy Gallion reminded me through Facebook about Poinsettiacide so I put my 2 poinsettias outside in the snow and sunshine. They look pretty there by the front porch in the midst of the miniature rose bush. It was time to get rid of them... and their dropping leaves.
Reheated the last of Pam's lasagna from November. It was even better this time - aged to perfection, I guess you could say. Served it with the French bread I made (and froze) the other day.
Played Frisbee Golf again tonight and Ken had a great game. He broke his own record of -16 by 4 and my record of less than 24 hours by 3, setting a new record high of -20 on 18 holes. Congratulations, Ken.
No comments:
Post a Comment