Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday, Feb. 7

Precipitated most of the day - not rain, not snow, not sleet... Ken called it "light slop" and that's most descriptive. It did change to snow in the evening and it was so much prettier. It was a pretty gloomy day and we needed a fresh coat of snow to brighten things up.

I worked on preparing things for the Hearts and Hands for Missions meeting tomorrow.

Wrote a few more eBay listings - for Suzanne's school books. I checked and they are selling on eBay. I've not had any feedback from the Homeschool ad website about the 7 books I listed there last week. I think I'll check to see if those books (Science) are selling on eBay and write those listings as well. I may wait until they have another list-for-any-starting-price-for-free sale, but I'm not sure...

Late in the evening I received an apology communication from the person who bought the laptop sleeve a couple weeks back. She saw the envelope and figured it was the wrong item and sent me a quick note. Then she realized that it was folded in half. She left nice feedback as well.

Newest eBay problem is that the pocket watch has not yet gotten to Turkey! The customs information says it's in transit. Praying that it will arrive soon.

When I sent the Elgin watch to Wyoming last week, I've now shipped to all 50 states, 10 Canadian provinces, and at least 14 foreign countries! I mentioned that on Facebook and got a lot of comments about it. In fact, Cindy Taylor asked if I'd sell a wedding veil for her. She'll give it to me tomorrow at NCS.


Listed 8 things on eBay before I went to bed: MBI items/book, 2 Tuppertoy pieces, and 2 more watches. I just have 2 more watches to go - and I can't get them open to change the battery.

Mark is in NH but we had our Bible class anyway. Ken downloaded 16 video clips from YouTube of Max McLean doing a dramatic recitation of the book of Mark. We met in the library and watched it. It was great! Between chapters 14 and 15 (crucifixion), you could have heard a pin drop. We had 13 there and had Ron's apple pie and Christine's mint chocolate cheesecake during our break.

We figured out that it's European Starlings that are invading our feeders. We got a Wild Birds Unlimited mailing over the weekend and they described them and said they are a problem. They come in flocks and take over. I may stop over there and see what they have to "starling proof" your feeders.

I packed 3 boxes of stuff from the kitchen and took it downstairs. I cleaned out the "food pantry" as well as some things from the top shelves. I also opened boxes and refilled Tupperware storage containers. Most of what's still in there will wait until we have to move everything out when things are ready to happen. I do still want to get the things out of the back of the pots and pans cabinet and pack them up.

While Ken worked on Wii Fit, I worked on the Youth Camp mailing. I got the brochures done up to about number 430 - just about 70 left to go. I think I'll go to the Post Office tomorrow to buy the stamps. Then I should be able to get them in the mail on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment