Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Sunday in February 2011

Had a good Lord's Day. We had all of our Primaries in S.S. today - and almost all on time as well. I had the lesson and it went pretty well (Lost Sheep and Lost Coin). I'll use that same story for the K4-3rd grade chapel on Thursday. The children today all got a sticker that said "I am Special."

Joe Nicholson preached in the morning service. I took my laptop to church and after church started printing green YC brochures to mail. Ken had already printed the addresses on them so I didn't want to mess up. I ran 250 with no jams.

Nothing special in the afternoon. I did sort through my shipping boxes/envelopes and ordered some from USPS. Took a short in-the-chair-nap. We went to church early so I could run some more brochures. I got 200 done before church.

I played the organ this evening. Wasn't too much fun. The songs should have been light and quick but the piano was playing heavy and dragging. Felt like I was pushing and yet I couldn't hear the congregation much either. Children's Choir sang and did a nice job - clear words and they seemed to know the song well. Joe showed his presentation of the ministry in Wales and then told of one thing he'd learned. Abbie shared some things as well. Then Joe preached from 1 Samuel 2 and 3.

After church I ran the final 50 brochures and finished folding them. When we got home the Super Bowl was almost at half time. I got about 300 brochures ready to mail - collating families and putting a (messed up / printed wrong side up) bookmark in each mailing. Then we played Frisbee Golf 18 holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment