Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, May 7

Well, I'm not sure these are really "ponderings." It seems like I just chronicle my day. I'm going to have to figure out how to make hard copies... or at least a soft copy that is on my computer. What if blogger goes away? Then all my musings - my journaling - will disappear. Of course, I'm not really sure anyone else would want to read what I write... but then maybe when I'm old and gray - oh, wait, I'm already gray - I'll want to look back and read what I wrote when I was 55. Well, that's something to ponder...

This morning we decided to "make hay while the sun shines," or at least to put down mulch when it wasn't raining. So, we put mulch around the trees and bushes in the back yard and on the island and front walkway flower beds and along the driveway by the forsythia bushes. There are 2 bags left and I'll use that to fill in places when I'm weeding. Ken decided to lower the mower and mow again. So, even though he just mowed on Thursday, he mowed - and raked - again. Lawn really looks good now. While he was outside, I filed the FS papers and the H&H file. Then I tried putting things away and cleaning up the two "work rooms" - known previously as bedrooms.

I ordered an 8x10 collage of the grandkids from Walgreens. Used the Easter pictures and made a page that I can put in the photo album. That's another "problem..." - all our pictures now are on discs or on the computer and you can't open a book and look at old pictures... I'm getting old!

Went over to Office Max to get some printer cartridges, paper, and name badge labels for camp. The young guy was not very friendly and I was feeling rushed. Realized later that I paid with my credit card and not the camp's and forgot to tell them it was tax exempt (and paid $8+ in taxes). So, I called the store and asked if I could come back on Monday and have it adjusted. I used a $15 off coupon which will probably not work again. But, if they'll let me divide it into two orders, I could use two $10 off coupons.

Picked up a Pizza Hut pizza on the way home.

Finished printing the youth camp letters today. Now I need to make copies of the dress standards, information sheet, and medical form. Ken put the stamps and return labels on the envelopes so I can start stuffing envelopes on Monday. My goal is to get them all in the mail before I go to Kentucky on the 19th.

A couple weeks ago Ken scanned all my Portage Park class pictures and the ones I took when I took the kids there to visit in 1989. So, today I put them on the PPS Facebook page. Not sure how long they'll be there since it looks like that group page will be changed to another kind of page soon... and I'm not sure the pictures will go with it. But for now...

Exercised with Wii Fit and then watched an episode of Andy Griffith while I ate an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment