Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday, May 9

I'll go backwards on today's activities.

We played 18 holes of Wii Frisbee Golf with 4 players. That helped my LoseIt.com since I was over on calories (still am) since we bought and ate a Donatos Pizza. We stopped at Kroger to get milk, eggs, and cottage cheese for tomorrow's lasagna (and the pizza) on the way home from the softball game. I was hoping it would be nice sitting in the sun for the softball game but it was the later game tonight and so the sun was behind the clouds pretty quickly and then it was a bit chilly. Ken didn't get to play until the last inning and pitched then. Never did get to hit.

This morning I went to Office Max to get the tax credit back on my purchase from Saturday. They had to return everything and then scan it all again. I hated to make more work for them but it was worth the $8.50 in taxes. I picked up Melody and we drove out to Foertmeyers Nursery to pick out our $30 worth of flowers for $10 (Groupon). Melody got a Peace Rose bush and a peppers and tomatoes. I got a flat of coleus for the back deck, some "fill ins" to go with the pots of Impatiens on the front porch, and a tuberous begonia for a hanging basket. I will pick up a couple flats of Impatiens (or at least one for camp) and a tomato plant from Meijer later this week. When I got home we ate leftovers for "dinner" and then I planted my flowers. They look pretty nice.

I was able to get the Teen 1 letters stuffed and ready to mail. I had hoped to get the Junior 1 Camp letters finished up tonight but we ate pizza instead.

Melody is needed to drive on the day-long 5th grade field trip tomorrow so she asked if we could watch the kids. Ken had wanted to get his free birthday breakfast at Scramblers and we were trying to figure out how to do that. Decided to get the pizza tonight and skip the breakfast tomorrow. I'll have to take Seth to his swim lessons tomorrow morning and to NCS for his Kindergarten assessment in the afternoon. On Sunday Melody invited her family over here to celebrate birthday and Mother's Day and said she'd dessert. I figured I could make dinner. Good thing, too, since she won't be home to do that or make the dessert. So, I'll make lasagna and hope it's enough to feed her hungry family. We have one of those "ugly" Kroger cakes in the freezer and Ken said he'd enjoy having that for his birthday cake. So...

No comments:

Post a Comment