Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Some of the Christmas Decorations in our House

These are plastic canvas house that I (and Mom) made in the 80's. All have music boxes in them. There is a house, yarn shop, toy store, antique store, church, school house, candy shop, train depot, and mill. I always set them up on the cornice in the living room.

I made this candy dish in a ceramics class in 1992.

Mom made these plastic canvas coasters. There are 6 - 4 trees and 2 poinsettias.

This was an early cross stitch project from 1981.

These are lighted Thomas Kinkade houses from FTD. Pam gave one of them to me after Christmas and sent the other 2 two other years with floral arrangements.

This is the nativity set I made in ceramics class in 1992.

Pam gave me this light up tree with birds on it from Bradford Exchange. It's beautiful. The mini trees/deers are from JoAnn, Etc.

This is my newest Christmas decoration - a music box that lights up and moves. There are 6 discs that store in the back. I picked this up at a garage sale this past summer for less than $10.

The year that Dad was buying a lot of things from the Betty Crocker coupon catalog, he bought this mantle scarf for me. It's quite elegant embroidered with our name.

This is a Precious Moments light up church that Pamela gave me one year. The Yankee Candle candle holder was from Bekah.

Daddy bought this from a catalog that had real-looking floral arrangements. Looks like water in the vase. The ribbon could use some touching up and it would look real.

Pam bought this in the Holy Land for me.

This is one of Mom's unfinished craft projects. I finished and framed it and hang it in the dining room.

This stuffed snowman holds a lighted tree. It was made by the Peeler's neighbor by their condo. I bought it from her when Joshua was just a little guy - probably in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment