Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day weekend

We left the house on Friday around 9:30. I hadn't slept very well on the new mattress and only got a couple hours of sleep. What kept me going was knowing that we would be "off" for the weekend and could sleep in on Saturday.

We met Cyndi Grover at the Bob Evans in Lima at 11:30. Ate lunch and sat and visited with her for a couple hours. Went to Keystone Meats and picked up the processed meat from the donated cow. There were 8 boxes of ground beef / hamburger patties. Hanging weight was 777#. Half of the meat was to be in patties and there was 267# in patties. So, I guess we had around 525# of beef. It took about 2 hours to get to camp and we went right to the basement to unload the meat. Then we went to the cabin.

Friday and Satuday ended up to be the hottest ones of the year - both 97*. We were thankful for the air conditioning in the cabin. Peelers camped out in the tent and they were warm, cool, and damp through the night.

We all went swimming on Friday night - until it was too dark to see. That was fun. 

I woke up Saturday "clogged." Then when I tried to talk, I had no voice. I actually ended up feeling just like I did the first weekend we were here this summer. So, I don't know if it's something in the cabin I'm allergic to. It smelled real strong of disinfectant/cleaners when we came in... Pretty cleared up today (although I couldn't sing this morning in S.S.) so we'll see what happens tonight. I did bring medicine to take, though.

We had a good and restful day on Saturday. Peelers locked their keys in their car and had to call for help to get the car opened. We ate lunch together on the porch of Ashbrook Hall. I sat on the cabin porch and read when the rest went out to play Disc Golf. Went home about 6:00, ate pizza, showered, and got ready for Sunday. I was really tired and went to bed about 9:45. Slept until 7:45 a.m.

Rained during the night. Thunder and lightning. We got about a half inch of rain overnight and another half inch during the day.

Had 5 in S.S. this morning, including the 2 new 1st graders. I played the piano in the morning service since Melody sang. Took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Played the organ in the evening. We went home and packed up a couple things and ate hot dogs at home before coming up to camp. Left home around 9:00 and it was completely dark - quite different than a couple weeks ago when we were starting staff meetings at 9:00 and the sun hadn't even set yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment