Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday, July 2

The end of our first full week here at camp. When we arrived it was muddy with some rain. It cleared up and the weather was dry and beautiful. Then it got warm. It rained last night and it's muddy again. This evening it's beautiful out. With 3 camps in 6 days and all the changes of weather, it feels like we've been here for several weeks already!

Mother/Daughter Retreat was not well attended mostly because of it being a holiday weekend. Next year the holiday will be on a Wednesday. It would be great to see the attendance go back up over 100! Anyway, we ended up with an official 45 campers, who all seemed to have a really good time with their families and the others. Luanne Hurst did a nice job speaking (I heard her last night.) but the response of most of the ladies was so "dead." Not sure why that was... Nancy did a nice job leading the group; I hope she can keep on doing this retreat.

I taught the girls who finished 2nd grade and younger. I had 13 girls, including Elizabeth. I used the flash-a-cards for Esther and told the whole story. I actually hadn't planned to go into as much detail on some parts but the kids were so attentive... I think I spent almost an hour on the lesson. (I didn't do much else.) Then I let the kids play in the Rec' Hall. Kim took the older girls (met in the craft building) and had about a dozen up through 8th grade. Melody made some great meals - grilled chicken, red potatoes, asparagus and chocolate chip pie last night, pancakes and fruit kabobs this morning, and a buffet of tea-type sandwiches for lunch today.

I slept well last night but was really tired today. I'm not sure if it was the rain, trudging through (or slopping through with the cart) the rain this morning, or teaching the class (with lots of movement and expression) that wore me out... I lay down for a few minutes before lunch and then for a half hour around 4:00. Got the reports done and Ken scanned them. Just need to get them out via email...

Got the nurse medications inventoried last weekend, bought supplies at WalMart, and got them logged and in the nurse's station this afternoon. I'll just need to set things up after the family campers move out of that room next Saturday. 

S.S. lesson is ready for tomorrow. Just relaxing now and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment