Monday, January 3, 2011

Daddy's Final Hours

From the time I saw Daddy on Tuesday just after lunch until he passed away just after 4:30 on Thursday, he didn't change much. He didn't seem to be in any pain and didn't seem to be struggling at all. He just looked like he was sleeping.

I took this picture shortly after I got there on Tuesday - just in case Pam didn't make it. He was breathing through his mouth. His fingers were curled tightly - except for his index fingers, which were stretched out. They had put him in a hospital gown to make caring for him easier.

I thought then that he was failing and that he would soon die, although I wondered if he'd wake up and be fine and we'd all feel foolish for thinking it was the end. But this time I did feel that it was going to be final. I just had no idea that it would go so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment