Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Few More of our Tree Ornaments

I've been trying to take these pictures and write about the ornaments mainly so my children will know why I've hung on to certain ornaments and what they mean to me. Someday, if the Lord tarries, they will go through my boxes and I want them to know what the significance of the ornaments that I hang on my tree. Wishful thinking on my part, I supposed, but...

These are some of the OLD ornaments from my parents' tree. They are ornaments that I remember being hung on the tree with great care. (The angel is very delicate.)

This was given to me on Christmas by a family whose 3 children attended Bible Club in my house. It reminds me of the opportunity I had to give the Gospel to many children over the years here in our home.

These are some of the dated ornaments that my parents had - most were gifts from Pam and Gary down through the years. The little felt mitten was the invitation to Christmas dinner the first (?) year my parents were married.

These are the pewter ornaments from Country magazine. I ordered some online to give to the kids with their special year date on them.

a few more of my parents' ornaments.

I made this 3-dimensional star from plastic canvas for our tree one year. I like putting a star on the top of the tree and this one has served us well over the years.

My parents - Jack and Joleene - married in 1951

the tree skirt I made one year when the kids were very young. Many of the pieces of fabric were from clothes I made for the kids or for my maternity dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment