Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011

About 20 minutes left in the month of June. We've been at camp now for a little over 1 week. In some ways it seems like we've been here for a LONG time. We've had 2 camps, 3 off-days, and were home on Sunday.
Went swimming Monday (45 min.), Tuesday (50 min.), and today (1-1/2 hours). Of course, I wasn't swimming all that time (didn't even go in the water until today) but I was in the sun watching the kids, who had a great time.

These first two weeks are always my most difficult - as I have a lot of paperwork. Ken picked up mail at home today and I had several fall retreat registrations to process. Also sold 5 things on eBay tonight so I got those ready tonight as well.

Today Melody and I went to WalMart. Got stuff for the nurse and need to get that logged and in the nurse's station - but that will probably have to wait until later. Had fun shopping at WalMart; it's probably been since last summer that I've shopped at WalMart.

Have been enjoying the kids - although some days they are a bit frustrating. We've been having devotions together in the mornings, looking at Elizabeth George's book on Ephesians. That's working well. Joshua and Andrew have been having fun "cruising" around on their bikes. Seth and Elizabeth still both need naps and when they don't get some "down time," they can be bears!

I'll try to write more often and more regularly... once this weekend is over. Right now I've got to get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment