Tuesday, June 28, 2011

City girl?

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm a "city girl" or if it's the fact that I was raised as a Kolenburg, but I like to see a neat and well-kept yard. Not to say that it has to be weed-free (which is nice, but almost impossible), but well taken care of and cleaned up.

This morning I was lamenting this problem of mine as I was raking the A-frame circle and trying to make it look nice. It bothers me to see just dirt and leaves - but it doesn't seem to bother anyone else. It pleases me to see how nice it looks after I rake the leaves and "rough up" the ground so that grass could grow (if it was planted there) - but no one else seems to notice or care.

It's a wooded are, they say, and we'll just run over the leaves in the spring with the mower and they'll blow away. Yes, but too little too late doesn't quite "cut it."

So, should I just bite my tongue, save my energy, and get down off my plant-some-grass soapbox and just let things go? Or continue to clean things up to please myself?

I guess I'll just finish the job tomorrow and enjoy the view from my front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment